Terms and Conditions
The Care Cover Protection Plan covers you against accidental damage and is the first step in protecting and maintaining your new furniture. By correctly looking after you furniture and by using the approved products with your Protection Plan, you can enjoy many years of stress free comfort.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
1. The leather care products that are part of the Care Cover Protection Plan includes 250ml Leather Cleaner, 250ml Leather Protection Gel, application cloth and The Accidental Damage Protection Plan, which Plan is only available with the purchase of new leather furniture from your furniture retailer.
The Protection Plan only applies on the condition that the new leather furniture from your furniture retailer was delivered in a clean and undamaged state.
2. These care products should be applied to the furniture immediately when it is received in accordance with the instruction on each label and thereafter the furniture must be cared for and maintained during the Term of the Protection Plan in accordance with that Care Instructions or as shown on the website www.myleatherdoctor.com.au.
3. The use of any other cleaner or protector on the furniture other than those comprising this Leather Care System will immediately invalidate this Protection Plan and it should be noted that this Leather Care System is not suitable for Nubuck, Suede and other unfinished leathers and should not be used on these.
Protection Plan Inclusions - What is covered.
4. This Leather Care System will help protect your leather furniture against the following damage to the leather surface:
All Stains including:
Ballpoint Pen and Lipstick
Acids, Bleach and Corrosive marks
Cosmetics and Glues
Chewing gum & Paint
Soaps and Crayons
Fake tan & Hair Dyes
Accidental Damage including:
The Protection Plan is valid only for the original purchaser. Care Cover Pty Ltd will, at its discretion, clean, repair or replace any part of the furniture’s leather that is damaged within 5 years of the purchase date if these care products are unable to remove the stains set out at clause 4.
6. The Protection Plan is conditional on the original purchaser using these Care Products to clean, care and protect the new leather furniture and subject to the terms of this Protection Plan. Care Cover Pty Ltd will, at its discretion, clean, repair or replace any part of the furniture’s leather that is damaged within the time indicated at the beginning of this booklet (either 5 or 10 years) of the purchase date if these care products are unable to remove the stains indicated in clause 4.
7. If any accidental damage or stain should occur, you should quickly attend to it by following the instructions on the labels, and in addition you may contact Care Cover’s customer service centre - 1300 453 284 - for assistance or cleaning advice.
8. This Protection Plan is only applicable for private and domestic purposes in Australia.
9. You must notify Care Cover of any stain within five (5) days of it occurring by calling the customer service centre - 1300 453 284.
10. If a stain cannot be removed or the furniture surface is damaged, Care Cover Pty Ltd will provide a Leather Doctor, or Fabric Doctor professional technician to inspect the damaged area of the leather at no cost to you, and should the technician be unable to remove the stain and/or repair the damage, Care Cover Pty Ltd will arrange for the stained or damaged area to be replaced at no cost and the Protection Plan conditions and Term will continue.
11. If the stain or damage cannot be removed or repaired Care Cover Pty Ltd reserves the right to either obtain original leather or fabric or similar, to replace the damaged area with no guarantee of an exact colour match due to dye lot variation, but will provide the closest possible colour match available at the time.
12. Care Cover Pty Ltd liability is limited to a maximum of the actual purchase price of the damaged furniture or Care Cover’s purchase price, whichever is the lesser, and if there is a total replacement of the furniture, the replaced furniture becomes the property of Care Cover Pty Ltd. The new furniture is not covered under this Protection Plan and this Protection Plan is concluded.
Protection Plan Exclusions - What is not covered.
1. Care Cover Pty Ltd, it’s partners or affiliates, are not responsible for damage to the leather or lounge as a whole:
(i) resulting from your failure to pre-test the leather with these Care Products in accordance with the instructions;
(ii) resulting from abuse, neglect or a malicious, deliberate act whether by human or animal, excluding stains caused by body or animal fluids, but including sunlight, fading, storm, tempest, lighting, fire, flooding, explosion, earthquake, aircraft or other vehicle impact or by use of the furniture for a purpose it was not intended;
(iii) where a claim is made against the manufacturer or an insurance company;
(iv) where damage is caused by normal wear and tear including damage due to soiling from perspiration, body or hair oils, fading or loss resulting in the leather being impregnated in or emitting an odour or pungent smell;
(v) being structural faults covered by manufacturing warranty;
(vi) resulting from fraud or misrepresentation of any kind;
(vii) being flaws/pre-existing faults or manufacturer recalls in leathers;
(viii) caused by transportation/freight/installation costs or damages or if outside repair network areas;
(ix) caused by rodents or insects. (sorry, these are not classed as pets);
(x) caused by delivery or during shipment of the furniture before the use of any of these Care Products;
(xi) caused by or arising from a defect in the leather or the furniture or the manufacturing process.
2. This Protection Plan does not extend to any loss or damage to a person or property direct or indirect arising from the use or inability to use the item.
3. This Protection Plan does not exclude or restrict any condition or Warranty imposed or implied by any consumer legislation in Australia.
How to make a claim
1. You must contact The Leather Doctor Customer Service Centre telephone - Australia - 1300 453 284 between Monday to Friday, 9am to 5 pm, AEST, excluding public holidays.
2. Care Cover Pty Ltd will obtain information to assist your claim and will require information including:
(a) Your name, address, email and contact numbers;
(b) Purchase details and description of the furniture;
(b) The Care Cover Protection Plan number;
(c) Proof of purchase of these Care Products;
The information in this Protection Plan brochure will be dealt with by Care Cover Pty Ltd in accordance with the Privacy Act and any information collected by Care Cover Pty Ltd, or its associates, from customers and will only be used to administer the Protection Plan and to service customer claims.